Send us your qualified* RFP by December 15, 2023, and we'll send you a $200 VISA gift card, plus lanyards for all your conference attendees! To submit, email your RFP to Hannah Stancliff, or include VisitErie if submitting via CVENT.
*To receive a $200 gift card, RFPs must: a) be submitted by the meeting/reunion planner; b) Be open for bids; c) Be within VisitErie and partners' capacity to bid on; d) Include room history; e) Offer a minimum of 50 room nights; and f) Be received by December 15, 2023. Lanyards will be provided to events whos planners submit qualified RFPs during this time frame, and who successfully book their meeting or conference at an Erie County facility.
1. Erie has an impressive 121,000 total sq. ft. of meeting space at our convention & conference facilities
2. More than 111,000 total sq ft. of terrace, plaza, and outdoor space allow meeting planners to embrace Erie’s natural beauty
3. Four hotels are located on Erie’s Bayfront
4. Erie is home to two premier conference facilities and 34 hotels to accommodate groups of 25 to more than 500
5. More than 4,500 sleeping rooms are available at major brand hotels across Erie County
6. Erie’s major conference facilities keep it simple with everything under one roof
7. The Bayfront Landing, comprising the Bayfront Convention Center, Sheraton & Courtyard Erie Bayfront hotels, offers 100,000 sq.ft. of event space
8. This complex boasts a stunning waterfront location and views of Presque Isle Bay
9. More than 500 hotel rooms are within walking distance of the Bayfront Landing
10. The Great Hall in the Bayfront Convention Center gives your conference 28,000 sq. ft. of contiguous space with 23-foot-high ceilings to accommodate booths, concerts, cars, boats, and thousands of attendees.
11. Fifteen on-site breakout rooms can be configured to meet your need
12. The Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel is attached to the Bayfront Convention Center via a skybridge providing aerial views of the Bay and the City of Erie
13. The Sheraton’s Harlequin Ballroom offers 3,288 sq. ft of space as well as five configurable meeting rooms with water views
14. Three additional meeting rooms are available at the Courtyard Erie Bayfront Hotel, also attached to the Bayfront Convention Center
15. Mix and mingle on the Courtyard Erie Bayfront’s patio overlooking Presque Isle Bay
16. Anchor Plaza connects the Courtyard Erie Bayfront to the Bayfront Convention Center for a dynamic outdoor venue
17. The Bayfront Landing is within half a mile walk of 10 restaurants and bars, each with a water view
18. Walk a half a mile to enjoy local music and casual seating on the water at Oliver’s Outdoor Beer Garden
19. Soak up a beautiful Erie Sunset along with a round of corn hole next door at Pier 6 Rooftop Bar
20. Pair your welcome reception at the Bayfront Landing with a fireworks display over Presque Isle Bay
21. The Ambassador Conference Center features 21,000 sq. ft. of stunning conference space and is attached to two hotels: the Hilton Garden Inn and Courtyard by Marriott
22. This complex sits in the heart of Erie’s Upper Peach Street entertainment district
23. More than 900 hotel rooms surround the Ambassador Conference Center
24. The sparkling 6,500 sq. ft. Crystal Ballroom can accommodate more than 500 guests
25. The Hemingway Ballroom is a classic, with over 3,000 sq. ft. for up to 350 guests
26. The sun-drenched Garden Atrium provides 3,000 sq. ft. for up to 300 guests with access to a large outdoor patio
27. Six breakout rooms throughout the complex allow attendees to spread out
28. Conveniently located amongst major shopping centers and national chain stores, including the 150-store Millcreek Mall Complex just two miles away
29. A variety of locally-owned restaurants and brewpubs are nearby, such as Luminary Distillery, John Russel Brewing, Bro Man’s Sammiches, and more
30. Erie is home to many highly rated hotels for your smaller meetings and reunions, including…
31. The brand new (2022) Holiday Inn Erie features flexible meeting rooms and an onsite restaurant, and is within walking distance of the Ambassador Conference Center
32. Stay close to shopping and restaurants with your meeting at the Springhill Suites, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, and TownePlace Suites, all located in the Upper Peach Street district
33. Conveniently situated 90 minutes from Cleveland, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh, Erie is a central location for regional and multi-state events
34. Erie International Airport (ERI) is located just 10 minutes from Erie’s Bayfront district
35. Daily direct flights are offered through American Airlines.
36. Located at the intersection of I-90 and I-79, Erie is easily accessible by car
37. Erie is located within 500 miles of more than half of US population
38. Erie’s walkable downtown features local cafes, shops, museums, parks, breweries, and bars
39. Parking is free at Erie’s major conference facilities
40. From Presque Isle State Park in the west to Wine Country in the east, conference attendees will find Erie easy to navigate
41. Lake Erie’s beautiful waterfront turns any event into a getaway.
42. Erie serves as Pennsylvania’s only port city to the Great Lakes
43. Get your attendees in the right state of mind with a group yoga session overlooking Presque Isle Bay on the Bicentennial Tower’s Observation Platform
44. Erie’s three historic lighthouses are available for exploring
45. Attendees will love getting on the water aboard Erie’s two tall ships: the US Brig Niagara or the Lettie G. Howard Schooner
46. Soak in Erie’s famous sunsets while hosting a group dinner reception aboard the Victorian Princess paddlewheel cruise
47. Presque Isle State Park, Erie’ natural gem and Pennsylvania’s most visited State Park, has been voted #1 Freshwater Beach in USAToday’s Readers Choice for Best Beaches
48. Host a glamorous opening reception at Erie’s historic Warner Theater, an original Warner Bros. theater that finished a major renovation in 2022.
49. Take in a minor league ballgame with your meeting at UPMC Park’s new Stadium Club, a 175-person space overlooking the field
50. Surround your meeting with works of art at the Erie Art Museum
51. Incorporate local brews and local history into your meeting at the Brewerie at Union Station
52. Win big after your meeting at Presque Isle Downs & Casino
53. Network over a round of golf at Riverside Golf Course after meeting at the on-site, 220-person, Kelly Ballroom
54. Treat your attendees to Erie’s favorite sweet treat, sponge candy, from one of 4 local chocolatiers
55. VisitErie’s dedicated Convention Sales & Services Department offers a one-stop-shop for planning, servicing, and hosting a convention in Erie
56. Complimentary RFP distribution and site visit will help you find the right property for your meeting
57. Custom welcome packages and support services are created based on your guest needs, and can include complimentary signage, name badges, and VIP welcome bags with marketing materials and visitor information
58. VisitErie has the connections to local media outlets to publicize your event, including the four major broadcast stations, all represented with local Erie-based affiliates.
59. On-site event planning staff at all conference facilities and hotels has vast experience hosting meetings of all sizes
60. Professional and updated AV and tech equipment is available at Erie’s major conference facilities, and will be added to match your needs.
61. The Lake Erie Ale Trail features 16 microbreweries, each with a variety of hoppy favorites and seasonal staples
62. The largest grape-growing region east of the Rocky Mountains starts in Erie County, featuring more than 20 estate and local wineries
63. The Erie region’s six craft distilleries will give your happy hours a local flavor
64. Presque Isle State Park is Pennsylvania’s most visited state park, and the peninsula offers guests a unique vantage point of Lake Erie
65. Paved walking trails weave through beaches, lagoons, and native vegetation, offering the perfect place to unwind after a day of meetings
66. Pick up the pace with a bike rental from Yellow Bike Rental
67. Plan a group picnic at one of the many pavilions
68. See local plants and wildlife on a free, guided lagoon boat tour
69. The eclectic 50s diner, Sara’s, is an Erie staple, known for its vanilla orange twists and location at the entrance to Presque Isle State Park
70. The Tom Ridge Environmental Center and Erie Visitor’s Center offer two floors to learn about Presque Isle’s history and natural environment
71. Erie is nationally renowned for its birding - snowy owls, purple martins, migratory ducks, and more
72. Eight VisitErie partner golf courses offer seasonal opportunities to hit the links.
73. Lake Erie was recently ranked #3 of Top 100 Best Bass Lakes of the Decade by Bassmaster Magazine, and is a premier fishing destination for steelhead, trout, walleye, pike, bluegill, small and largemouth bass, and perch.
74. Erie is home to the AA-affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, the Erie Seawolves
75. UPMC Park, home of the Erie SeaWolves, is in the heart of downtown Erie, and after receiving a major renovation in 2022, its updated facilities and intimate atmosphere makes it perfect for group outings
76. Erie is home to rising hockey champions who play for the Erie Otters hockey team, including former #1 NHL Draft pick Connor McDavid
77. Scallywags Pirate Adventure offers space for a swashbuckling team building event or group excursion
78. Erie offers visitors a year-round events calendar packed with free concerts, festivals and more
79. Free concerts on the water are offered at outdoor concert series’, such as Presque Isle Sunset Music Series and 8 Great Tuesdays on Erie’s Bayfront
80. Erie is known for its authentic heritage festivals, such as Greek Fest, Italian Fest, Polish Fest, Oktoberfest, and the Irish Festival.
81. Erie’s downtown is busy with favorite events, such as CelebrateErie, Ribfest, Downtown d’Lights
82. Major festivals like Lake Erie Wine Fest and the Blues & Jazz Festival show off a local flair and flavor
83. Erie Food Tours offer three curated tours, and often host groups large and small during the summer months
84. The Hagen History Center offers a wide range of exhibits, including Frank Lloyd Wright’s original San Francisco office.
85. The Erie Art Museum is ripe for exploring galleries
86. The Erie Maritime Museum offers a fascinating history of Erie’s maritime background
87. Shopping in Erie offers savings, with no tax on clothing and shoes
88. Quaker Steak and Lube offers onsite duckpin bowling for group fun after your meeting at the Ambassador Conference Center
89. Keller’s Magic & Comedy Club in downtown Erie offers frequent comedic relief
90. Local talent is on display at All an Act Theater and the 100-year-old Erie Playhouse
91. The Erie Philharmonic offers musical fun at the historic Warner Theater
92. Top-notch skiing and tubing are available at two nearby locations: Peek'n Peak Resort or Mount Pleasant
93. Seven miles of sandy beaches at Presque Isle State Park offer summer family fun on Lake Erie
94. These Erie favorites give conference goers plenty of reasons to bring the whole family and turn a business trip into a work-cation...
95. Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park is an 80-degree tropical oasis year-round
96. Waldameer Park & Water World offers roller coasters, classic carnival rides and top thrill water slides
97. Play Port Arcade & Family Fun center brings out the kid in everyone with over 100 video arcade games, glow-in-the-dark mini golf, and laser tag.
98. The expERIEnce Children’s Museum offers three floors of creative, experiential, and educational fun for children of all ages.
99. With mini golf, go karts, batting cages, and a beer garden, the newly-renovated Erie Sports Center Fun Park offers something for everyone in the family
100. Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens offers opportunities for kids to get up close to their favorite creatures
The Bayfront Grille Restaurant at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel is a relaxed hotel eatery offering American fare all day in a scenic setting with a patio & bay views. Experience a fresh take on casual dining, from breakfast to dinner, with creative menu selections and regional cuisine in our waterfront restaurant. Please check Open Table for reservations or contact the restaurant directly at 814-454-2005.
Whether you’re searching for the perfect Christmas tree or a place to experience a magical horse-drawn sleigh ride, plan a trip to Port Farms! Join us at Santa’s Workshop every weekend for visits with Santa, live music, crafts, cookie decorating, and holiday food & drinks! We also offer cut-your-own trees, pre-cut trees, freshly made wreaths, holiday décor, and other great gifts throughout the week. Activities are a la carte. Plan an enchanting Christmas experience at Port Farms today! Plus, check out our new brewery, Poverty Knob Farmhouse Ales!
Erie Events manages a four facility entertainment complex that includes the Warner Theatre, Erie Insurance Arena, Bayfront Convention Center and UPMC Park. These four venues host a variety of events that include world-class entertainment, family friendly shows and sporting events.
Showcasing the incredible year round beauty of the City of Erie and its surrounding areas, commonly referred to as its area code "the 814". Explore some of Erie County's most breathtaking landscape photography.
We proudly opened our doors in Erie in 1965. A lot has changed between now and then, but our mission remains the same – offer fresh food, from our favorite local brands, at a convenient location. In one stop, you can fill up your gas tank and grab breakfast, lunch, groceries and a bottle of wine or a 6-pack to go. We look forward to serving you and your family during your trip to Erie!
NOW OPEN! ASCEND fosters a community-centered climbing, fitness, and yoga experience by serving individuals and groups of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. Located in Downtown Erie, ASCEND welcomes Erie visitors to stop in and give climbing a try!
The Cove Bay-Side Restaurant & Tavern is sure to give you an unforgettable and care-free dining experience. Enjoy a nautical atmosphere with a beautiful view of Presque Isle Bay.
Located on the southeast shore of Lake Erie, the Port of Erie has been promoting industrial, commercial, and recreational opportunities on the waters of Lake Erie since 1959.
Erie’s own local craft beer pubs are a must-visit! With 4 great locations, just pick one that’s convenient for you! A casual, family friendly dining experience with something for everyone! To view our menu, check out what’s on tap, or get to directions to our pubs, learn more now!”
UPMC Hamot is a 458-bed hospital in Erie, Pennsylvania, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. The hospital serves as a regional referral hub and is the only accredited trauma center in the region.
AHN Saint Vincent has been here from the beginning, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient medical care. Need express care? We’ve conveniently placed AHN facilities on the west and east side of Erie, just walk-in! AHN Saint Vincent is not only recognized locally (Erie’s Choice- Best Hospital) but nation-wide, so you can expect high-quality care, greater safety, and better results.
Join us at Peek'n Peak Resort for a Fall adventure you won't want to miss! From the 35th Annual Fall Fest on October 14-15 and 21-22 to the epic German Beer Fest known as the Wurst Party Ever on November 4 and the hilarious Medieval Feast Dinner Theater on November 10-12 & 17-19, there's something for everyone! Check out our full event schedule and secure your tickets now at pknpk.com/events.
The Millcreek Mall features more than 160 stores, restaurants, and fun for the whole family on Upper Peach Street, Erie’s most popular shopping district! Shopping in Erie means no sales tax on clothing or shoes. Choose from a variety of hotels located on the Mall property and just minutes away at the intersection of Peach Street and Interstate 90.
The Mazza family welcomes you to explore 3 unique locations in Lake Erie Wine Country. Sip and savor award-winning wines at Mazza Vineyards and the historic South Shore Wine Company, both located in North East, PA, and be sure to visit their combination winery, distillery and brewery, Mazza Chautauqua Cellars/Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing, in nearby Westfield, NY.
Chances are, you are planning your trip to Erie. Why not download your free guide that's been put together right here, by those who know the region the best!